Journal-First Paper Initiative at SPLC 2018
This is the first time that SPLC 2018 will run a new initiative, this is the “journal first” track that seeks to include journal papers in the SPLC 2018 program. Authors of published papers in high quality journals will be invited to send a proposal to present their work at SPLC 2018. Also, authors can submit their proposals by their own. We expect to allow the authors to interact directly to the community and offer the SPLC 2018 attendees a richer program and opportunities.
A journal-first presentation submitted to SPLC 2018 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper is available at the publisher web site before the end of 2017. Because this is the first time this initiative will run, we open the proposals for papers published before 2017 so we allow all paper published (or available at the publisher web site) in the time frame of 2015-2017.
- The paper is clearly in the scope of the conference.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other similar conferences.
How to Submit
Authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria are invited to submit a one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper title, authors, an extended abstract and a pointer to the original journal paper.
Proposals will be selected according to the quality of the publication and journal after checking that the paper is in scope to the conference. As the papers have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical content. Our plan is to include in the journal first program as many papers as possible; only in case an exceptionally high number of proposals is received, not all submissions might be selected. If needed, presentation proposals will be prioritized according to fit to the conference theme and structure of sessions.
IMPORTANT DATES (AOE TIME)
- Submission: May 23, 2018
- Notification for invitation: June 6, 2018
- Camera ready summary papers: June 13, 2018
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and only a one-page summary will be part of the volume A of SPLC proceedings with a pointer to the journal publication.
- Mathieu Acher, INRIA Rennes, France
- Ebrahim Bagheri, Ryerson University, Canada
- Rafael Capilla, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
- Lidia Fuentes, University of Málaga, Spain
- Jesús García-Galán, Lero, Ireland
- Iris Groher, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Ina Schaefer, Braunschweig University of Technology, Germany
- Maurice H. Ter Beek, ISTI-CNR, Italy
*this call has been inspired by a similar call at ICSE 2018.